This is one of my favorite recipes to do via crockpot. The crockpot really can do wonders! This recipe is easy and helps you free up your hands, so you can work Its so finger licking good!
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce ( I use sweet baby rays bbq sauce)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!