I may have gotten the love of cranberry from my family! I can never imagine a holiday meal without having cranberry sauce on the table. It has been a tradition for me and personally I love it! I always love making FRESH cranberry sauce because it is SO Easy and is WAY Better than eating the canned version. It is quick, easy and holiday dish favorite that is great to share!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
1 Pour the cranberries in a colander and rinse and clean them. Go through and throw out any bad cranberries.’
2 Add water and sugar in the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3 Add the cranberries to the pot and let them boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
4 Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients. You can add a half a cup of chopped pecans with a few strips of orange zest.
You can also add raisins,currants, blueberries , cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. I would only add a tiny sprinkle of spice to start and add as you go.
5 Remove your sauce from heat. Let cool completely and chill. Then place the sauce in the the refrigerator in a bowl. As it sits in the refrigerator it will thicken and become ready to eat!
Happy Fourth of July Everyone! Here is a great yummy recipe to share with others on this great holiday! There will be enough to go around and it will be a finger food dessert everyone will love! Hope everyone enjoys this day and stay cool! Happy Birthday America!
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out your pie dough and fill mini pie dishes. Use a small star cookie cutter to cut stars for the top of the pies. You can layer on as many stars as you’d like, but you may need to slightly increase the baking time if you cover the entire pie dish.
- Toss berries with lemon juice, salt, cornstarch, and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fill about 1/4-1/2 cup of berry pie filling depending on the size of your pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes
With many people having friends & family over for the holiday of Easter. Here is one dish you can make to share with others that may come over and visit! Lets remember what Easter is all about.
” He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many thingsand be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.” -Mark 8:31
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, if desired
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1.)Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
2.)In small bowl, mix raisins and lemon peel; spoon about 1 teaspoon raisin mixture onto short side of each triangle. Gently wrap corners of dough over filling and roll to opposite point; pinch to seal. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
3.)Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
4.)In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk until smooth and drizzling consistency. With spoon, drizzle icing in cross shape on top of each bun.
Enjoy! Happy Easter!
As 2015 rapidly approaches, we all gather with our loved ones to say a sweet goodbye to 2014! We all want to have fun and create an atmosphere filled with laughter, fun and excitement. Here are some DIY Decor that brings the glitter,shimmer and excitement to your New Years Shin-Dig! Have a Happy & Safe New Years!
- Bottle of Martinelli’s or sparkling wine
- Super 77 adhesive spray
- Craft glitter
- Latex gloves
- Drop cloth or old sheet
- Wear gloves and only apply spray adhesive in a well-ventilated area. Put down a drop cloth or old sheet before spraying.
- Step 1: Put on gloves. In a well-ventilated area over a drop cloth, spray the portion of the bottle facing you with adhesive (you’ll do one section at a time to ensure the adhesive stays sticky). Be sure to leave the top third of the bottle clean so you can pop the Champagne!
Step 2: Sprinkle glitter over adhesive. Repeat spraying the adhesive and sprinkling the glitter all around the bottle until it’s completely covered in glitter.
Step 3: Shake off excess glitter, then display! Feel free to put sparkly bottles on ice. Some glitter will come off when the ice melts, but that just makes the ice bucket that much more festive!
You can play this song while you pop your bottle of Martinelli!
- With the glue and glitter left over you can spray pain the tips of your feather and pour some glitter on the feathers and have these fabulous decor pieces for your vase.
- Here are some additional picture tutorials of things you can create for your New Years Party!
Thumbtack Votive Candles
New Years Headbands!
With the Holiday Season well underway and most people all across the country are decorating their homes and spaces. Whether it is a store bought decoration or DIY there are many things that you can do! This post is dedicated to cute and easy to make DIY Centerpieces that you can feature throughout your home. Here is some inspirations below! Happy Decorating!
Vase with Various Ornaments.
Wooden bowl with pinecones and a vase and candle in the middle.
Vase filled with your favorite mints and velcro letters
Fishbowl vase of mints and roses or your favorite flowers to top it off.
Halloween, the day everyone swaps places with someone that they may want to have always been or never will be. It is also day that a lot of us cheat and load up on sweets! It is always good to have balance with sugary sweets and just some natural sugary sweets as well. Here are some great ideas out there for creating that healthy balance on this festive occasion!