Happy Fourth of July Everyone! Here is a great yummy recipe to share with others on this great holiday! There will be enough to go around and it will be a finger food dessert everyone will love! Hope everyone enjoys this day and stay cool! Happy Birthday America!
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out your pie dough and fill mini pie dishes. Use a small star cookie cutter to cut stars for the top of the pies. You can layer on as many stars as you’d like, but you may need to slightly increase the baking time if you cover the entire pie dish.
- Toss berries with lemon juice, salt, cornstarch, and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fill about 1/4-1/2 cup of berry pie filling depending on the size of your pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Here is a Spring time smoothie that is a MUST Try! As it begins to warm up, sometimes you just want to kick up your feet and relax.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 mango, skinned and chunked
- 5 strawberries
Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
- You can also blend one fruit at a time to create a “Layered” Smoothie!
Now make that smoothie , kick your feet up and relax yourself with some tropical soothing music! 🙂
Most people have certain traditions that they do on certain holidays and I am going to share one of mine. Every 4th of July, I make Mini Fruit Tarts and I love them because I am huge fan of fruits and sweets! Its the perfect combination of the two!
- sugar cookie dough
- 8 0z. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2- 3 c. fresh fruit** ( you can choose your favorite fruits to top it with. I normally do strawberries, blueberries and kiwi)
1.) Spread cookie dough into Muffin Tin. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.)In a medium bowl beat room temperature cream cheese til smooth and creamy. Slowly add sifted powdered sugar until sweetened to taste. Add vanilla to cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3.)Chop fruit into bite size pieces, or drain completely from can. Set aside. Spread cream cheese filling onto cooled cookie crust. Top pizza or tart with fruit. It can be very composed or free form. Just make it look good. Serve at room temp. Refrigerate any leftovers.
TODAY IS AMERICA’S BIRTHDAY! Most Americans will be celebrating this day with a big celebration on the grill with family and friends! When your waiting for your food to get ready, you and your guests can enjoy these delicious, healthy and patriotic Fruit Flag Kabobs! They are fun and easy to make and will definitely help with the a little cool down when your outside mingling in the sun.
-1 pint of Blueberries
-1-2 Boxes of Strawberries
-12 Kabob Sticks
1.) Arrange the fruits to the layout of the US flag, with having the blueberries representing the stars and the strawberries and bananas representing the stars and stripes on your kabob sticks.
2.) Once the kabobs and fruits have been assembled, you can put your fruit arrangements in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it to your guests!
Happy 4th of July!