I love trying new foods, but I also love attempting trying to make my favorite dishes. I love asian food but I am not gonna lie, I don’t get to eat it all the time. Here is another recipe you can put together in your crockpot book! Its fun, easy and tasty! Can’t wait for YOU to try it!
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips, cut across the grain
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– 1 cup soy sauce
– ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
– ⅓ cup cornstarch
– 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
– White rice or brown rice, cooked
- Add the beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch to the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add the sliced beef and mix until completely coated with sauce.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours – or on low for 5 to 6 hours – until the meat is cooked through and tender. (Remember that slow cooker temperatures vary between each cooker, so cooking times may vary.) Remove the lid aproximately 30 minutes before the meat is done to allow sauce to thicken.
- Add the steamed broccoli and serve hot over rice.
I may have gotten the love of cranberry from my family! I can never imagine a holiday meal without having cranberry sauce on the table. It has been a tradition for me and personally I love it! I always love making FRESH cranberry sauce because it is SO Easy and is WAY Better than eating the canned version. It is quick, easy and holiday dish favorite that is great to share!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
1 Pour the cranberries in a colander and rinse and clean them. Go through and throw out any bad cranberries.’
2 Add water and sugar in the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3 Add the cranberries to the pot and let them boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
4 Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients. You can add a half a cup of chopped pecans with a few strips of orange zest.
You can also add raisins,currants, blueberries , cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. I would only add a tiny sprinkle of spice to start and add as you go.
5 Remove your sauce from heat. Let cool completely and chill. Then place the sauce in the the refrigerator in a bowl. As it sits in the refrigerator it will thicken and become ready to eat!
Update 1 #Day7 ( November 1st, 2015)- Lost 3.5 Lbs
Update 2 #Day14 ( November 8th, 2015)- Lost 2.5 Lbs
Update 3 #Day 21 ( November 15,2015) – Lost 2.5 lbs
Update 4 #Day 28 ( November 22,2015)- 1 lbs
I will do one final update after I wrap up on Day 30, to talk about my experience. Thank you guys for following along!
- For the Meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl or mixer combine all meatloaf ingredients.
- 3. Place meatloaf mixture into a greased pan. (I used 2 bread pans)
- 4. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is no longer pink.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
- 6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
With one of the most important days to come, you are probably planning everything to the “Tee”. Every bride wants their special day to have details to stand out. We are going to go through some ideas that may go with your theme!
Sweet Display Centerpiece
Displaying your favorite sweet, can let everyone get to know more and about you and your groom! Sharing is caring!
Gift box/Favor Display
This display can kill two birds with one stone. It is a way to use your favors to your guests but recreate the display the art of giving with your centerpieces.
Medical Glassware Centerpieces
Maybe your love your love for science or you and your loved one met in through a medical experience or passion for it. Its a great way for your guests to acknowledge that!
Fruit & Vegetable Centerpiece
This may be a way to display your love for the season or show if you and your loved ones are health nuts. There are many ways to use fruit and vegetables in your favor!
Lanterns and Candles
Using Lanterns or candles are your centerpieces is a popular alternative choice!It is a great way to light up the room!
Here is a Spring time smoothie that is a MUST Try! As it begins to warm up, sometimes you just want to kick up your feet and relax.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 mango, skinned and chunked
- 5 strawberries
Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
- You can also blend one fruit at a time to create a “Layered” Smoothie!
Now make that smoothie , kick your feet up and relax yourself with some tropical soothing music! 🙂
With the month of Love in supposedly ending, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t always be giving love to the ones near and dear to us. Here is a great recipe to try this week and surprise some one with love through their tummies 🙂
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt & pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat grill for medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high heat for 6-8 mins each side. OR heat 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter and olive oil is nice and hot, add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side. Set chicken aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tbsp salt. Add 1/2 lb penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 1 minute). Add the chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce by half. Meanwhile, slice chicken.
- Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low. Chop the parsley and basil, add to sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir well to coat. Serve pasta on plates, top with sliced chicken.