When you get home from a long day of work and want to whip up something hearty but fast, this is definitely a recipe to consider! This recipe is great for big groups or if you want leftovers for lunch and the next night’s dinner if you will be too busy to cook! You can’t go wrong with with Chicken Parmesan!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
Pour sauce into 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) Parmesan. Add chicken;
Coat the Chicken in egg. Then in a seperate bowl coat it with turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast with sauce. Cover.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Top chicken with remaining cheeses; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Drain spaghetti. Serve topped with chicken and sauce.
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
When it comes to cooking, I love trying out new dishes. When I get a chance, I try to venture outside of my normal cooking rotational recipes. I am personally am a fan of indian food. This is definitely a recipe to try and that won’t be disappointing!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours on High or 6-8 Hours on Low
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
1/2 onion, finely minced
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 teaspoons curry powder
1-2 teaspoons curry paste ( I used Thai Red Curry Paste and 2 teaspoons)
2 tablespoons garam masala
1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric ( I used 1/2 since my family is not crazy about turmeric)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you are not a spicy person)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, regular or lite (I used regular), plus more if needed to thin the sauce
1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used 0%)
1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
cooked white rice
Fresh homemade Naan
1.)In a large glass measuring cup or bowl mix together the coconut milk, greek yogurt and cream. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, ginger and all the spices. Mix well.
2.)Spray the inside of your crockpot bowl with cooking spray or grease with olive oil.
3.)To the bowl sprinkle the onion over the bottom. Add the chicken and then pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken so the chicken is completely covered. Add the butter and place the lid on the crockpot.
4.)Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. I like to stir about once every hour, but it is not necessary.
5.)When ready to serve taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
**Serve over rice with a big piece of fresh Naan