When you get home from a long day of work and want to whip up something hearty but fast, this is definitely a recipe to consider! This recipe is great for big groups or if you want leftovers for lunch and the next night’s dinner if you will be too busy to cook! You can’t go wrong with with Chicken Parmesan!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
Pour sauce into 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) Parmesan. Add chicken;
Coat the Chicken in egg. Then in a seperate bowl coat it with turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast with sauce. Cover.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Top chicken with remaining cheeses; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Drain spaghetti. Serve topped with chicken and sauce.
After a long day at work, you want to to come home and make something fast and fulfilling. This chicken pesto bake is a dish that is savory and flavorful that everyone will love! It is also a low card and gluten free dish!
(Makes 4 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning chicken
1/2 cup basil pesto (I used my homemade Basil Pesto with Lemon, but you can use purchased pesto.)
2 oz. (1/2 cup) grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
1.)Preheat oven to 375F. T Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2- 4pieces depending on the size.
2.) Spray your baking dish with non-stick spray, then spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish.
3.)Lay chicken strips over the pesto, then spread about 1/4 cup more basil pesto over the chicken.
4.)Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil & bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes
5.)When chicken is cooked through, remove foil and sprinkle chicken with 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese.
TIP: Serve hot. You want to use flavorful juice to serve with rice, couscous, or quinoa to soak up the juice. Just spoon the juice over the chicken.
With the month of Love in supposedly ending, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t always be giving love to the ones near and dear to us. Here is a great recipe to try this week and surprise some one with love through their tummies 🙂
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt & pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat grill for medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high heat for 6-8 mins each side. OR heat 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter and olive oil is nice and hot, add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side. Set chicken aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tbsp salt. Add 1/2 lb penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 1 minute). Add the chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce by half. Meanwhile, slice chicken.
- Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low. Chop the parsley and basil, add to sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir well to coat. Serve pasta on plates, top with sliced chicken.
With January making its presence known with its cold breezes, we are all looking for a way to warm up. When you come home you can whip up this easy breezy recipe for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Its quite tasty and will fill you up with a warm feeling. You can get this recipe cooking and ready in FIVE Easy Steps!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths
- stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
I always love to indulge in something spicy in my meals ( that may be my Ethiopian & Eritrean side speaking). One of my favorite chicken dishes to make is the Jalapeno Popper Chicken. It is cool remix to your “Joe Smo” chicken meal. If your wanting to branch out and try a new chicken dish, this one should be on your list to try!
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- Taco Seasoning
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a glass baking dish and set aside.
In a small skillet over medium heat, combine the panko with oil. Cook, stirring often, until the panko is golden brown and crispy. Place in a shallow bowl or dish. To the panko, add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
In another shallow bowl, lightly beat an egg. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno.
Using a small knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and then divide the cream cheese mixture into each chicken breast pocket. Use toothpick to secure if necessary. ( But I didnt need to)
Dip the chicken one at a time into the egg and then coat with the panko mixture, making sure to coat the chicken completely. Place the chicken into the prepared dish and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
TA-DA! Your dish is done!