This is one of my favorite recipes to do via crockpot. The crockpot really can do wonders! This recipe is easy and helps you free up your hands, so you can work Its so finger licking good!
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce ( I use sweet baby rays bbq sauce)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
We are in the middle of Summer and it is definitely important to enjoy the outdoors! One of the coolest things I did awhile back with some friends was play twister in the yard We sprayed painted the grass with with 4 different colors ( Red,Blue, Yellow & Green) with six circles in in the four rows totaling in 24 circles. Its a fun game to play at a BBQ or with a group of friends when your just trying to find something to do.
What is needed:
-4 Bottles of spray paint ( Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow)
Most people have certain traditions that they do on certain holidays and I am going to share one of mine. Every 4th of July, I make Mini Fruit Tarts and I love them because I am huge fan of fruits and sweets! Its the perfect combination of the two!
- sugar cookie dough
- 8 0z. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2- 3 c. fresh fruit** ( you can choose your favorite fruits to top it with. I normally do strawberries, blueberries and kiwi)
1.) Spread cookie dough into Muffin Tin. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.)In a medium bowl beat room temperature cream cheese til smooth and creamy. Slowly add sifted powdered sugar until sweetened to taste. Add vanilla to cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3.)Chop fruit into bite size pieces, or drain completely from can. Set aside. Spread cream cheese filling onto cooled cookie crust. Top pizza or tart with fruit. It can be very composed or free form. Just make it look good. Serve at room temp. Refrigerate any leftovers.