Update 1 #Day7 ( November 1st, 2015)- Lost 3.5 Lbs
Update 2 #Day14 ( November 8th, 2015)- Lost 2.5 Lbs
Update 3 #Day 21 ( November 15,2015) – Lost 2.5 lbs
Update 4 #Day 28 ( November 22,2015)- 1 lbs
I will do one final update after I wrap up on Day 30, to talk about my experience. Thank you guys for following along!
- For the Meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl or mixer combine all meatloaf ingredients.
- 3. Place meatloaf mixture into a greased pan. (I used 2 bread pans)
- 4. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is no longer pink.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
- 6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
When I am trying to relax from a busy week, I love unwinding with a smoothie in my hand. Two of my favorite fruits of all time is Mango and Blueberries. So putting those two together makes a delicious pair. Try this Layered Vegan Fruit smoothie!
-1 Whole Mango ( Cut into Cubes)
-1.5 cups of frozen banana
-1/2 cup of orange juice
1/3 cup of water
-3-4 cubes of ice
-1/2 cup of blueberries
For the Mango Layer:
Blend the Mango Cubes, 1/2 cup of frozen banana and water together.
For the Blueberry Layer:
Blend the Blueberries, orange juice, 1 cup of frozen banana together.
Then you can layer the two on top of each other, I used a mason jar because I love them!
Sometimes you just want to come home from a hard day and relax at home. Many of my friends have said taking a nice soothing bubble bath helps them relieve stress and relax from the hard day that just came to pass. So I conjured up a fantastic DIY you should try! Bubbling Bath Salts! You can make them and fill them up in mason jars. You can create the bath salts colors to according to the season, holiday or just your favorite color! You can create them with your favorite scent bottle. You can make a few jars at a time and its a great gift to give to friends and family!
- 6 Cups Kosher or Epsom Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive, Coconut, or Sweet Almond Oil
- ¾ Cup Lavender Scented Body Wash (I used Ivory Lavender Body Wash)
- 2-3 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Optional)
- Purple Food Coloring (Optional)
- In a large bowl, combine salt and body wash, and mix until well combined.
- Add in your oil, essential oil and food coloring and mix well.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread the salt mixture out into a thin layer. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
- Once dry, break up any large clumps, and spoon into a sealable jar.
- Add ¼ Cup of Bubbly Bath Salts under running water.