This is a great recipe to try during a busy work week. This recipe will put you at ease and give you leftovers to feed the family. This recipe is a guarantee game changer!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 c. diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I like to use the tomatoes with onion and garlic)
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 10 oz. wide egg noodles
- 4 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-low heat.
- Drain grease from ground beef, and return it to the skillet.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and egg noodles.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
- Stir in ricotta, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, and top with Italian cheese blend.
- Let the lasagna sit for about 5 minutes for cheese to melt. If I already have the oven on, I just pop the pan in (make sure it’s oven safe first, though) and let the cheese melt. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil just before serving.
When you get home from a long day of work and want to whip up something hearty but fast, this is definitely a recipe to consider! This recipe is great for big groups or if you want leftovers for lunch and the next night’s dinner if you will be too busy to cook! You can’t go wrong with with Chicken Parmesan!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
Pour sauce into 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) Parmesan. Add chicken;
Coat the Chicken in egg. Then in a seperate bowl coat it with turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast with sauce. Cover.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Top chicken with remaining cheeses; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Drain spaghetti. Serve topped with chicken and sauce.
Update 1 #Day7 ( November 1st, 2015)- Lost 3.5 Lbs
Update 2 #Day14 ( November 8th, 2015)- Lost 2.5 Lbs
Update 3 #Day 21 ( November 15,2015) – Lost 2.5 lbs
Update 4 #Day 28 ( November 22,2015)- 1 lbs
I will do one final update after I wrap up on Day 30, to talk about my experience. Thank you guys for following along!
- For the Meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl or mixer combine all meatloaf ingredients.
- 3. Place meatloaf mixture into a greased pan. (I used 2 bread pans)
- 4. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is no longer pink.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
- 6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
With the month of Love in supposedly ending, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t always be giving love to the ones near and dear to us. Here is a great recipe to try this week and surprise some one with love through their tummies 🙂
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt & pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat grill for medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high heat for 6-8 mins each side. OR heat 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter and olive oil is nice and hot, add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side. Set chicken aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tbsp salt. Add 1/2 lb penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 1 minute). Add the chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce by half. Meanwhile, slice chicken.
- Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low. Chop the parsley and basil, add to sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir well to coat. Serve pasta on plates, top with sliced chicken.