When you get home from a long day of work and want to whip up something hearty but fast, this is definitely a recipe to consider! This recipe is great for big groups or if you want leftovers for lunch and the next night’s dinner if you will be too busy to cook! You can’t go wrong with with Chicken Parmesan!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
Pour sauce into 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) Parmesan. Add chicken;
Coat the Chicken in egg. Then in a seperate bowl coat it with turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast with sauce. Cover.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Top chicken with remaining cheeses; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Drain spaghetti. Serve topped with chicken and sauce.
I took a look back at the last 30 days in trying Whole 30. It has been quite a refreshing and rejuvenating path that I have taken. Whole 30 has truly made me fall back in love, with REAL Food! ( NON PROCESSED FOODS) . Whole 30 made me want to be more conscious of what I was putting into my body. I didn’t feel like I was doing anything extreme doing Whole 30. I ended up dropping 9 pounds over the course of 30 days. Many people do, do Whole 30 in different rounds. Whole 30 is a development of a new eating LIFESTYLE. I would recommend Whole 30 .(Mind you I am not a doctor, so if you run it by your doctor).
Here are the basic guidelines of Whole 30!
- 1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor continue to chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces.) Pulse until the cauliflower until it is small and resembles rice.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender. Add chopped green onions if desired.
Update 1 #Day7 ( November 1st, 2015)- Lost 3.5 Lbs
Update 2 #Day14 ( November 8th, 2015)- Lost 2.5 Lbs
Update 3 #Day 21 ( November 15,2015) – Lost 2.5 lbs
Update 4 #Day 28 ( November 22,2015)- 1 lbs
I will do one final update after I wrap up on Day 30, to talk about my experience. Thank you guys for following along!
- For the Meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl or mixer combine all meatloaf ingredients.
- 3. Place meatloaf mixture into a greased pan. (I used 2 bread pans)
- 4. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is no longer pink.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
- 6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
With the month of Love in supposedly ending, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t always be giving love to the ones near and dear to us. Here is a great recipe to try this week and surprise some one with love through their tummies 🙂
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak seasoning
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt & pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat grill for medium high heat, lightly oil grate, and grill chicken breasts on medium high heat for 6-8 mins each side. OR heat 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter and olive oil is nice and hot, add chicken breasts and cook 5 mins each side. Set chicken aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil water with 1 tbsp salt. Add 1/2 lb penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but do not let the garlic turn brown (about 1 minute). Add the chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce by half. Meanwhile, slice chicken.
- Once the broth has reduced, stir in tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low. Chop the parsley and basil, add to sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir well to coat. Serve pasta on plates, top with sliced chicken.