I may have gotten the love of cranberry from my family! I can never imagine a holiday meal without having cranberry sauce on the table. It has been a tradition for me and personally I love it! I always love making FRESH cranberry sauce because it is SO Easy and is WAY Better than eating the canned version. It is quick, easy and holiday dish favorite that is great to share!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
1 Pour the cranberries in a colander and rinse and clean them. Go through and throw out any bad cranberries.’
2 Add water and sugar in the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3 Add the cranberries to the pot and let them boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
4 Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients. You can add a half a cup of chopped pecans with a few strips of orange zest.
You can also add raisins,currants, blueberries , cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. I would only add a tiny sprinkle of spice to start and add as you go.
5 Remove your sauce from heat. Let cool completely and chill. Then place the sauce in the the refrigerator in a bowl. As it sits in the refrigerator it will thicken and become ready to eat!
I took a look back at the last 30 days in trying Whole 30. It has been quite a refreshing and rejuvenating path that I have taken. Whole 30 has truly made me fall back in love, with REAL Food! ( NON PROCESSED FOODS) . Whole 30 made me want to be more conscious of what I was putting into my body. I didn’t feel like I was doing anything extreme doing Whole 30. I ended up dropping 9 pounds over the course of 30 days. Many people do, do Whole 30 in different rounds. Whole 30 is a development of a new eating LIFESTYLE. I would recommend Whole 30 .(Mind you I am not a doctor, so if you run it by your doctor).
Here are the basic guidelines of Whole 30!
- 1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor continue to chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces.) Pulse until the cauliflower until it is small and resembles rice.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender. Add chopped green onions if desired.
Update 1 #Day7 ( November 1st, 2015)- Lost 3.5 Lbs
Update 2 #Day14 ( November 8th, 2015)- Lost 2.5 Lbs
Update 3 #Day 21 ( November 15,2015) – Lost 2.5 lbs
Update 4 #Day 28 ( November 22,2015)- 1 lbs
I will do one final update after I wrap up on Day 30, to talk about my experience. Thank you guys for following along!
- For the Meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the Topping:
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl or mixer combine all meatloaf ingredients.
- 3. Place meatloaf mixture into a greased pan. (I used 2 bread pans)
- 4. Bake for 1 hour or until inside is no longer pink.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
- 6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
With a full transition into the wedding season, there are many things that you may give that unique touch to your special day! One of the biggest presentations is food and how to select the right food but also how to have it displayed. In this post you can see some new ways in doing so.
Why not go above and beyond the normally cheese platter during cocktail hour. This display will have your guest impressed and dazzled!
Have an assortment of specific type of dishes you may love and share with your guests!
If you want a fun atmosphere where it is laid back but still serving the best and freshest food, consider this latest hit!