This is a great recipe to try during a busy work week. This recipe will put you at ease and give you leftovers to feed the family. This recipe is a guarantee game changer!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 c. diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I like to use the tomatoes with onion and garlic)
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 10 oz. wide egg noodles
- 4 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-low heat.
- Drain grease from ground beef, and return it to the skillet.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and egg noodles.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
- Stir in ricotta, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, and top with Italian cheese blend.
- Let the lasagna sit for about 5 minutes for cheese to melt. If I already have the oven on, I just pop the pan in (make sure it’s oven safe first, though) and let the cheese melt. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil just before serving.
I may have gotten the love of cranberry from my family! I can never imagine a holiday meal without having cranberry sauce on the table. It has been a tradition for me and personally I love it! I always love making FRESH cranberry sauce because it is SO Easy and is WAY Better than eating the canned version. It is quick, easy and holiday dish favorite that is great to share!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
1 Pour the cranberries in a colander and rinse and clean them. Go through and throw out any bad cranberries.’
2 Add water and sugar in the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3 Add the cranberries to the pot and let them boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
4 Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients. You can add a half a cup of chopped pecans with a few strips of orange zest.
You can also add raisins,currants, blueberries , cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. I would only add a tiny sprinkle of spice to start and add as you go.
5 Remove your sauce from heat. Let cool completely and chill. Then place the sauce in the the refrigerator in a bowl. As it sits in the refrigerator it will thicken and become ready to eat!
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
With many people having friends & family over for the holiday of Easter. Here is one dish you can make to share with others that may come over and visit! Lets remember what Easter is all about.
” He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many thingsand be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.” -Mark 8:31
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, if desired
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1.)Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
2.)In small bowl, mix raisins and lemon peel; spoon about 1 teaspoon raisin mixture onto short side of each triangle. Gently wrap corners of dough over filling and roll to opposite point; pinch to seal. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
3.)Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
4.)In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk until smooth and drizzling consistency. With spoon, drizzle icing in cross shape on top of each bun.
Enjoy! Happy Easter!
As we continue to gather through out the holiday season, it is always a debacle in trying to figure out what to make or bring to someone’s house. Whether it is your infamous food cake, succulent and savory sweet potato casserole or another dish, you always want to bring something EVERYONE will enjoy. Try this easy, sweet and delicious mini apple crisp pies. They are easy to make and amazing with a touch of ice cream!
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled& chopped apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Caramel topping
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.)Spray your pan with non-stick butter spray
4.)In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and add in butter SLOWLY with a spoon
5.)Evenly spread mixture to the 12 muffin cups. Press around the tin to make a cup formation.
6.) Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely
7.) Finely the apples into little pieces.
8.)Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
9.)Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes on 375 degrees, until apples are slightly softened
10.)Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups. Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples
11.)Bake for 5 minutes on 350 & Let cool completely
12.) Drizzle with caramel topping
ENJOY THIS, THIS HOLIDAY SEASON! Happy Holidays!
With the Holiday Season among us and Thanksgiving almost in full swing, it seems many of us will be busy preparing for it! Whether your bring a dish or hosting Thanksgiving at your house, it can be a lot of work and a bit chaotic! With this Crockpot Pecan Pie, you can be baking your dessert dish while your doing all of your other main courses and not feel stressed about it. Your crockpot can do all the work for you! Don’t you love those Crockpot? 🙂
- 1 uncooked piecrust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark Karo syrup
- 1 cup pecans, broken up
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread your uncooked pie crust in the crockpot and press up the edges on the side of the pot. I also used a crock pot liner so it was easier to pull out.
In a mixing bowl, stir all ingredients until well mixed. Pour on top of the crust.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Voila! Your pie is done!
Have you ever had a lazy day, where you were just too tired to really make anything at all? I have had PLENTY of those! This is probably one of the first pinterest recipes that I have ever tried! It is funny, easy and definitely a great finger food dish to try! It is great for the football or basketball season when you have company over and you want to make a dish for the masses. I sometimes make it this when I am wiped out by all the things I had done that day, I will throw this in the oven for a quick bite. All you need is 3 ingredients for the basic pizza muffins and any additional ingredients, is if you want to have additional toppings. Any guy, girl or kid ( with supervision and help of course) could make this easily! I always feel better about eating these because it is mini portions 😉
What You Need:
-Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Dough, (but sometimes I use Pillsbury Biscuit Dough as well)
-Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce
– Toppings -( i.e.- Pepperoni, sausage, etc… – whatever topping you choose)
-Cupcake Tin (I happen to use muffin tin so the pizzas became bigger)
- Non Stick Cooking Oil Spray
1.)Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the tin with non stick cooking oil spray the cupcake pan.
I separated the dough into 4 equal parts; there wasn’t enough to do more but maybe you could get 6 in cupcake pan. Push the dough into the molds; try to make the dough cover the sides.
2.)Within dough spoon pizza sauce, then top it off with cheese and pepperoni.
3.)Bake for 15 minutes and you can see around the outside edge of the crust , the dough should have turned light to medium brown when you take it out of the tins .
4.) Now get ready to have SOME AMAZING TREATS!