I may have gotten the love of cranberry from my family! I can never imagine a holiday meal without having cranberry sauce on the table. It has been a tradition for me and personally I love it! I always love making FRESH cranberry sauce because it is SO Easy and is WAY Better than eating the canned version. It is quick, easy and holiday dish favorite that is great to share!
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
1 Pour the cranberries in a colander and rinse and clean them. Go through and throw out any bad cranberries.’
2 Add water and sugar in the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3 Add the cranberries to the pot and let them boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.
4 Once the cranberries have burst you can leave the cranberry sauce as is, or dress it up with other ingredients. You can add a half a cup of chopped pecans with a few strips of orange zest.
You can also add raisins,currants, blueberries , cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice. I would only add a tiny sprinkle of spice to start and add as you go.
5 Remove your sauce from heat. Let cool completely and chill. Then place the sauce in the the refrigerator in a bowl. As it sits in the refrigerator it will thicken and become ready to eat!
Coming home and enjoying a fare of italian cuisine can never go bad. It is even better when someone else is cooking for you. Not everyone can afford to have a personal chef but having a slow cooker can make you feel like that sometimes. These slow cooked mozzarella meatballs are quite delicious and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko or regular, Italian seasoned or plain)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
- marinara or alfredo sauce, for dipping
- Chop each cheese stick into half inch pieces (about 6-8 pieces for each cheese stick). Place on a plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and egg yolk, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to a bowl. Mush the ingredients together with your hands until everything comes together.
- Remove cheese from freezer. Scoop out about 4 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball. Gently push a piece of chilled mozzarella into the middle of the meatball. Roll the ball in your hands to cover the hole where the mozzarella cheese was pushed in. Place inside a greased slow cooker and repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- When all meatballs are in the slow cooker (*see note for alternate cooking method), cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low 3-4 hours until meat it cooked through (no longer pink). The cheese may start melting out of the meatballs, that’s okay.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bit of fresh chopped parsley or dried Italian seasoning for garnish and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
With many people having friends & family over for the holiday of Easter. Here is one dish you can make to share with others that may come over and visit! Lets remember what Easter is all about.
” He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many thingsand be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.” -Mark 8:31
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, if desired
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1.)Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
2.)In small bowl, mix raisins and lemon peel; spoon about 1 teaspoon raisin mixture onto short side of each triangle. Gently wrap corners of dough over filling and roll to opposite point; pinch to seal. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
3.)Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
4.)In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk until smooth and drizzling consistency. With spoon, drizzle icing in cross shape on top of each bun.
Enjoy! Happy Easter!
As we continue to gather through out the holiday season, it is always a debacle in trying to figure out what to make or bring to someone’s house. Whether it is your infamous food cake, succulent and savory sweet potato casserole or another dish, you always want to bring something EVERYONE will enjoy. Try this easy, sweet and delicious mini apple crisp pies. They are easy to make and amazing with a touch of ice cream!
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups peeled& chopped apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Caramel topping
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.)Spray your pan with non-stick butter spray
4.)In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and add in butter SLOWLY with a spoon
5.)Evenly spread mixture to the 12 muffin cups. Press around the tin to make a cup formation.
6.) Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely
7.) Finely the apples into little pieces.
8.)Mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
9.)Bake in a baking dish for 15 minutes on 375 degrees, until apples are slightly softened
10.)Scoop a teaspoon or so of the apple mix and place on top of the graham cracker crust cups. Sprinkle any extra graham cracker on top of the apples
11.)Bake for 5 minutes on 350 & Let cool completely
12.) Drizzle with caramel topping
ENJOY THIS, THIS HOLIDAY SEASON! Happy Holidays!
Have you ever had a lazy day, where you were just too tired to really make anything at all? I have had PLENTY of those! This is probably one of the first pinterest recipes that I have ever tried! It is funny, easy and definitely a great finger food dish to try! It is great for the football or basketball season when you have company over and you want to make a dish for the masses. I sometimes make it this when I am wiped out by all the things I had done that day, I will throw this in the oven for a quick bite. All you need is 3 ingredients for the basic pizza muffins and any additional ingredients, is if you want to have additional toppings. Any guy, girl or kid ( with supervision and help of course) could make this easily! I always feel better about eating these because it is mini portions 😉
What You Need:
-Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Dough, (but sometimes I use Pillsbury Biscuit Dough as well)
-Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce
– Toppings -( i.e.- Pepperoni, sausage, etc… – whatever topping you choose)
-Cupcake Tin (I happen to use muffin tin so the pizzas became bigger)
- Non Stick Cooking Oil Spray
1.)Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the tin with non stick cooking oil spray the cupcake pan.
I separated the dough into 4 equal parts; there wasn’t enough to do more but maybe you could get 6 in cupcake pan. Push the dough into the molds; try to make the dough cover the sides.
2.)Within dough spoon pizza sauce, then top it off with cheese and pepperoni.
3.)Bake for 15 minutes and you can see around the outside edge of the crust , the dough should have turned light to medium brown when you take it out of the tins .
4.) Now get ready to have SOME AMAZING TREATS!
Halloween, the day everyone swaps places with someone that they may want to have always been or never will be. It is also day that a lot of us cheat and load up on sweets! It is always good to have balance with sugary sweets and just some natural sugary sweets as well. Here are some great ideas out there for creating that healthy balance on this festive occasion!
Sunday Funday! Its fall and most people spend their Sunday afternoon watching the game and keeping up with Fantasy Football. Whether your going to a place to watch the game or hosting a watch party, there are lots of things you can do to prepare for the game. Here this week there is s0me easy DIY decor that you could make for your watch party to make it vibrant,festive and fun! No matter what team your cheering on, you can have fun just being in the football spirit.
Indoor Football Post for Wall Decor
Things to Get:
- Yellow Poster Board
- Yellow Balloons
You don’t need to be artistic at all but it can definitely create the festive ambiance for your party!
Centerpiece Football Table Cover
Things You Need:
- Green felt (enough to cover the table surface)
- White Duct Tape
- White vinyl
- Pre-cut numbers
Your going to have snacks and drinks but create your centerstage that will have your guest will keep coming back for more! It will definitely be one of the highlights of your party!
Burlap Football Coasters
Things You Need:
- Small amount of burlap
- Acrylic craft paint
These burlap coasters are definitely a great final touch to the party. They are easy to create and affordable.
These are definitely just a few ideas that you can do to add some small touches to your watch party!