This is one of my favorite recipes to do via crockpot. The crockpot really can do wonders! This recipe is easy and helps you free up your hands, so you can work Its so finger licking good!
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce ( I use sweet baby rays bbq sauce)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
When I am trying to relax from a busy week, I love unwinding with a smoothie in my hand. Two of my favorite fruits of all time is Mango and Blueberries. So putting those two together makes a delicious pair. Try this Layered Vegan Fruit smoothie!
-1 Whole Mango ( Cut into Cubes)
-1.5 cups of frozen banana
-1/2 cup of orange juice
1/3 cup of water
-3-4 cubes of ice
-1/2 cup of blueberries
For the Mango Layer:
Blend the Mango Cubes, 1/2 cup of frozen banana and water together.
For the Blueberry Layer:
Blend the Blueberries, orange juice, 1 cup of frozen banana together.
Then you can layer the two on top of each other, I used a mason jar because I love them!
Whenever I am making a meal, I am always trying to create the perfect pairings to go with it. One of my favorite side dishes is making Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes. It is a zesty, delicious and easy side dish to make.
A bag of fingerling potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1.)Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.)Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning and toss until evenly coated.
3.) Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread potatoes out in one even layer on prepared baking sheet.
4.)Cut the lemons in quarters about 30 minutes after the potatoes have been in the oven then squeeze the juice out of the lemon and over the potatoes. ( I keep the lemon skins with the potatoes to keep the flavor and let it soak in to the potatoes.)
5.)Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until potatoes are browned and crisp.
We are in the middle of Summer and it is definitely important to enjoy the outdoors! One of the coolest things I did awhile back with some friends was play twister in the yard We sprayed painted the grass with with 4 different colors ( Red,Blue, Yellow & Green) with six circles in in the four rows totaling in 24 circles. Its a fun game to play at a BBQ or with a group of friends when your just trying to find something to do.
What is needed:
-4 Bottles of spray paint ( Red, Blue, Green, & Yellow)
Most people have certain traditions that they do on certain holidays and I am going to share one of mine. Every 4th of July, I make Mini Fruit Tarts and I love them because I am huge fan of fruits and sweets! Its the perfect combination of the two!
- sugar cookie dough
- 8 0z. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2- 3 c. fresh fruit** ( you can choose your favorite fruits to top it with. I normally do strawberries, blueberries and kiwi)
1.) Spread cookie dough into Muffin Tin. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.)In a medium bowl beat room temperature cream cheese til smooth and creamy. Slowly add sifted powdered sugar until sweetened to taste. Add vanilla to cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3.)Chop fruit into bite size pieces, or drain completely from can. Set aside. Spread cream cheese filling onto cooled cookie crust. Top pizza or tart with fruit. It can be very composed or free form. Just make it look good. Serve at room temp. Refrigerate any leftovers.
TODAY IS AMERICA’S BIRTHDAY! Most Americans will be celebrating this day with a big celebration on the grill with family and friends! When your waiting for your food to get ready, you and your guests can enjoy these delicious, healthy and patriotic Fruit Flag Kabobs! They are fun and easy to make and will definitely help with the a little cool down when your outside mingling in the sun.
-1 pint of Blueberries
-1-2 Boxes of Strawberries
-12 Kabob Sticks
1.) Arrange the fruits to the layout of the US flag, with having the blueberries representing the stars and the strawberries and bananas representing the stars and stripes on your kabob sticks.
2.) Once the kabobs and fruits have been assembled, you can put your fruit arrangements in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it to your guests!
Happy 4th of July!