This is one of my favorite recipes to do via crockpot. The crockpot really can do wonders! This recipe is easy and helps you free up your hands, so you can work Its so finger licking good!
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce ( I use sweet baby rays bbq sauce)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
(optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.