This is a great recipe to try during a busy work week. This recipe will put you at ease and give you leftovers to feed the family. This recipe is a guarantee game changer!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 c. diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I like to use the tomatoes with onion and garlic)
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 c. water
- 10 oz. wide egg noodles
- 4 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-low heat.
- Drain grease from ground beef, and return it to the skillet.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and egg noodles.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
- Stir in ricotta, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, and top with Italian cheese blend.
- Let the lasagna sit for about 5 minutes for cheese to melt. If I already have the oven on, I just pop the pan in (make sure it’s oven safe first, though) and let the cheese melt. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil just before serving.