It is one of my go-to/ favorite recipes to make. Its perfect if you do or don’t have a lot of people to feed. You can make it to according to how many people are coming over. There have been many times I have made lasagna pans and I had to throw it away because I had made way too much and it just went to waste. It is meatless dish and even meat lovers love it!
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 lg. egg
- 10 oz. frozen spinach
- 2½ cups marinara sauce
- to taste salt and pepper
- non-stick spray
- Get a large pot of water boiling with a dash of salt. When it comes to a full boil, add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente (soft but not soggy,about 12-15 minutes).
- While your cooking the lasagna noodle Thaw the package of frozen spinach in the microwave and then squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Combine the spinach in a bowl with the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, freshly grated pepper and about ¼ tsp of salt. Mix until well combined.
- When the noodles and filling are ready to go, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a glass casserole dish by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Lay out a few noodles at a time. Place a few tablespoons of filling on each noodle and spread to cover from edge to edge. The filling does not need to be thick because once the noodle is rolled up, it will be compounded. Make sure to spread it all the way to the edges of the noodles.
- Roll the noodles up and place in the dish. Repeat until all of your filling is gone. Pour the marinara sauce over the rolled noodles making sure to cover all surfaces
- Cover the dish in foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or divide into individual portions and refrigerate.