I know some nights when I am preparing dinner, I try to figure out if I want something light or something that will be very filling for a meal. Mexican Stuffed Shells is definitely delicious and will leave you feeling very satisfied and full!Try these stuffed shells with a twist!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a pan brown the ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir together and mix well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Evenly cover shells with taco sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese & bake for 10 more minutes with the foil removed. You can top these stuffed shells with green onions, if you desire. Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.